Monday, November 12, 2007

Rams vs Saints

Being born and raised in New Orleans, this game is always my personal Super Bowl. I remember attending games as a kid, basically rooting for whomever was playing the Saints. When the Saints and Rams were both in the NFC West I was ready for this game.

Fast forward to an 0-8 2007 campaign and I honestly didn't feel the anticipation that most years would bring. That quickly subsided when the game began and the Rams looked, well, like the Rams.

I applaud Scott Linehan and company for staying the course and preparing this team to play. Look, when the Saints reached .500 last week and whopped a solid Jaguar team, the NFL pundits were proclaiming that the Saints of last year where back, and a force to be reckoned with come playoff time. Time will tell, but let's give kudos to a team that still plays hard, even though they have had a ton of injuries and bad luck.

I like the approach that with 8 games, Linehan told the players it was a new season. Higher draft pick be damned let's go out and win a bunch of these last seven games. It certainly would be a rallying cry for next season. Good win guys!

Ram On!

No comments: